What does it take to become a good follower of Ballroom Dance?
The Ballroom Dance Follower-
- respects her leader
- is patient and knows her leader is not perfect.
- is encouraging and a cheerleader
- does not think or anticipate what the leader is leading
- Knows her dance steps
- is aware of her surroundings. She will see things the leader won’t.
- will work together to make sure the dance goes smoothly
- she does not cling-leaders can not lead a step if she doesn’t let go.
- stays connected with the leader at all times. She knows where he is.
- does not criticize or compare him to others. Our words can determine if the dance continues.
- gives feedback in a respectful way.
- communicates if she does not understand his lead. It is Okay to do a step over again.
If you want to dance, you will learn what it takes to be a good follower.