Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful. It sounds like someone we would all like to meet. They are perfect and say the perfect things that every husband and wife would want to hear from their spouse.
Mr. Wonderful Sayings
- Here you take the remote as long as I’m with you I don’t care what we watch.
- You know, I think it’s really important that we talk about our relationship.
- Let’s just cuddle tonight.
- OOH, You look so beautiful in the morning
- Hello darling, Have I told you I loved you lately?
- Did you have a hard day honey? Why don’t you sit down and let me rub your feet.
- You’re going shopping by yourself? How about if I tag along and carry your bags.
- Actually, I’m not sure which way to go…..I’ll turn in here and ask directions.
- Yes Dear
- You know honey, Why don’t you just relax and let me make dinner tonight.
- Why don’t we go to the mall? Didn’t you want some new shoes?
- You’ve been in my mind all day, That’s why I bought you these flowers.
- The ball game really isn’t that important, I’d rather spend time with you.
Mrs. Wonderful Sayings
- Don’t feel bad honey, I forgot it was our anniversary too!
- You don’t need a glass, just go ahead and drink right out of the carton.
- Oh… you’re watching a ballgame. Just stay right there on the couch and I’ll whip up some snacks. –
- I’ll finish cleaning out the garage honey, your friends are waiting for you to play golf.
- You’re going out with the boys tonight? You’ve worked hard… Enjoy yourself.
- A new reversible drill, oh honey it’s just what I needed!
- Don’t worry about taking the trash out. I can use the exercise.
- It really doesn’t matter if you leave the toilet seat up, it makes it easier to clean.
- You’re right, we don’t need directions, maybe you’ll find a short cut.
Well, the truth about Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful is that they are not real. They are plastic with a cheesy grin. They need batteries to say the right things. : )
They know the perfect thing to say, but that is not the reality in marriage. Because we are human, we all will say and do things we will need forgiveness for.
The true Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful are those husbands and wives who accept and love each other regardless of their faults. Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful extend grace and forgiveness because they know all people make mistakes.
Are you Mr. or Mrs. Wonderful?
Smile and Say, “ I forgive you. I love you.”
God’s Word-Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.