How do you make your marriage flow like the music in a dance? The Holy Spirit can take your marriage from walking to dancing. The Holy Spirit should play the role in our lives much like the role music plays for the ballroom dance couple. It dictates what we do, day-to-day.
When we surrender our lives to our creator God, and His Son Jesus, the Holy Spirit resides within us. This will guide us through the ups and downs of life. We don’t ever have to do life alone.
If Dan and I are listening to different “music”, we will not be in sync together as a couple. We will not flow together. It will be much more difficult to keep our marriage close.
Each of us has to choose what “music” to listen to. Will it be earthly or heavenly?
If you let God guide you in your marriage, you will no longer be walking, but dancing!
Keep Knees relaxed.
Think: 1950’s rock and roll
- In the Mood by Glen Miller – a traditional song from the swing era
- Rock & Roll Music by Chuck Berry – 50s rock & roll
- (Let me Be Your) Teddy Bear & All Shook Up By Elvis – 50s rock & roll
- Little Deuce Coupe or Runaround Sue by the Beach Boys – 50s rock & roll
- Take Me as I Am-Faith Hill
- Hello Dolly-Louis Armstrong
- L-O-V-E –Nat King Cole
- Stuck Like Glue-Sugarland
- Come Dance With Me-Frank Sinatra
- The Twist-Chubby Checker
- It’s Only a Paper Moon-Benny Goodman and His Orchestra
- Hallelujah, I Love Her So-Ray Charles
- Happy (from Despicable Me 2”) Pharrell Williams
- Rockin’ Robin-Bobby Day
- Powder Your Face with Sunshine-Dino
God’s Word-Ephesians 4:30 Don’t grieve God. Don’t break his heart. His Holy Spirit, moving and breathing in you, is the most intimate part of your life, making you fit for Himself. Don’t take such a gift for granted.