What does it take to become a good leader of Ballroom Dance?
The Ballroom Dance Leader-
- has a good dance frame.
- suggests to the follower what step to do through their frame
- knows where his follower is at all times
- knows his steps and then how to signal to lead the follower
- makes a commitment to the follower to practice together
- knows his surroundings- A dance venue can be challenging with upcoming obstacles including other dancers.
- The leader does not let failure or mistakes stop him from dancing. He learns from them and moves forward.
- The leader’s job is to show her off
- He leads gently, not with an iron grip
- He leads with his core, center or heart.
- He is patient with the follower if she is struggling.
- The leader sets the tempo with the music. He needs to know the beat of the music.
- The leaders never stop working on striving to become better. He doesn’t give up
When you have a good leader, it makes following a pleasure!! : )